This page has moved to a new address.

Book Review: Along Came a Spider by James Patterson

Right What You No: Book Review: Along Came a Spider by James Patterson

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Book Review: Along Came a Spider by James Patterson

Along Came a SpiderAlong Came a Spider by James Patterson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was my first Alex Cross novel and it was largely enjoyable. While it was entertaining enough I wasn't really engrossed with the story or the characters. Although I did have Morgan Freeman's voice running in my head as I read his character, so big plus there.

I do tend to poke fun at James Patterson since he has become a label for thrillers, rather than a writer of thrillers. I was hoping that his first Alex Cross novel - his signature work - would appease my thoughts on his later work. His early work is superior, but still left me wanting.

I should also note that James was up against it due to another reason. The Kindle edition I read was a very poorly done scan and transcribe. It made for a, at times, frustrating read. I wish the publishing houses would put more effort into these conversions as I have read several now and only a couple have been any good (Chris Ryan's novels were very well transferred).

View all my reviews

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home