This page has moved to a new address.

Update - Alan Marshall Short Story Award

Right What You No: Update - Alan Marshall Short Story Award

Friday, September 16, 2011

Update - Alan Marshall Short Story Award

Hi Friends,

I received a letter today - I know, people are actually still sending those things, I almost expect to see a carrier pigeon doing air mail next - that notified entrants about the Alan Marshall Short Story Award winners.

Now according to the blog stats my short story, Pleased To Meet You, ranks in the top 10 of my posts. According to the feedback I've received it didn't suck, most readers even enjoyed it, one person even went as far as to say I had talent. So how did my story compare to the other 70+ short stories?

Well, as I expected, Pleased To Meet You didn't win. That honour went to Laura Jean McKay for Massage 8000, a story about a group of women in a Cambodian brothel.

So congratulations to Laura, thanks to the judge Fiona Capp, and thanks to the Alan Marshall Award committee.

Currently I'm working on a short story for the new publication, Noir Nation. Hopefully I'll meet the deadline, give it a hug and wish it well, as I scoot past on the tide of my day job.

Cheers, Tyson.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At September 21, 2011 at 4:20 AM , Blogger Rex Jameson said...

Sorry you didn't win, but best of luck on the publication in the Noir Nation!

 
At September 21, 2011 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Tyson Adams said...

Thanks Rex.

I knew my story wasn't going to win. I'd entered in a literary fiction contest with a story that was different from what would normally rate well with judges. I just wanted the challenge of hitting a deadline and seeing how my work stacked up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home