This page has moved to a new address.

NaNoWriMo 2011 - Day 1

Right What You No: NaNoWriMo 2011 - Day 1

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011 - Day 1

The month of writing madness has begun!

This is my first attempt/entry into NaNoWriMo (NaNo details here). I am a virgin who doesn't know any better, a lamb to the slaughter, a bright eyed idealist...... Blog posts count towards the word total, right?

The story I am writing is tentatively entitled Overturned Stones. It is a thriller with humorous overtones to subdue the dark subject matter. I had previously started this particular project but had to bin it in June and redo the outline (stupid characters didn't do what I wanted them to!): I'm new to novel writing, live and learn.

Outline: You never expect to stand trial for the murder of your wife, especially if you didn't do it. When you find out that your wife may not be dead but rather kidnapped by human traffickers for sexual slavery, you could be forgiven for being a little annoyed. Proposing lead therapy for the traffickers in an effort to help them reform and free your wife isn't appreciated, by the traffickers, the police, or potential future employers. Can one man, dubbed "The Husband" by the media, take down organised crime, avoid the police and traffickers, and keep his gun loaded?

My journey has begun with a nice lead in. Yesterday and Sunday I managed to write a few short stories, plenty of writing to pique the creative juices. Currently they are with my trusted critique providers and then edits before submission - I'm thinking Crime Noir, Wet Ink and I have another paranormal story that I'm still thinking about which publication would suit it.

Today my writing was done while Australian's were stopped for a horse race. Given that all I care about is buying the glue and dog food after the race and not throwing money into a void prior, I was able to get a sizable chunk written.
Words Written: 1,771
Total: 1,771
Remaining: 48,229

Who else is slightly mad this year?

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At November 2, 2011 at 11:22 AM , Blogger LisaAnn said...

Hi Tyson! I just wandered over from AbsoluteWrite, and I'm looking forward to exploring your blog some more... Congrats on your NaNo success; I'm too chicken to try! :)

 
At November 2, 2011 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Tyson Adams said...

Thanks Lisa.

Don't worry, I know that feeling. I ignore it by distracting.......

Whiskey is great stuff.

 
At November 7, 2011 at 3:27 PM , Anonymous food solutions said...

You’ve given me a good idea. Thanks for sharing this info with me.

 
At November 8, 2011 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Tyson Adams said...

No problems. Just remember to share your ideas with me and everyone else. Keep the love flowing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home